- Walk Through the Original H.H. Bennett Studio
H.H. Bennett was not only an outstanding landscape photographer, but he was also an inventor, promoter and entrepreneur. His studio incorporated many new ideas for glass plate photography in the 1870s. His print house was one of the only two known revolving print houses in the United States. The original print house was donated by the Bennett family to the Smithsonian Institute in the 1970s.
Bennett pioneered the "instantaneous shutter" in 1886. Today the studio and museum house Bennett’s original homemade cameras, darkroom equipment, glass plate collection, studio props and equipment.